In this step-by-step call break rules for solo, online, and multiplayer, we will teach you how to play call break like a pro!At first glance, Call Break looks like a complicated card game with many rules. But, I assure you, it is a piece of cake.
When you understand the basic rules, all you need to do is practice. You can practice by playing solo or online. So, download our free call break card game for android now or play it online on your browser.
Like other card games, if you want to become a pro player, you might need to remember cards and learn to trick opponents. You will learn this skill with experience. So, before you start playing with your friends, we recommend you to practice the rules in offline single-player mode.
With our app, you will become habituated to the rules in no time. Then, you can play the multiplayer mode.
Before we jump into the rules of the call break game, let me warn you. Callbreak has interesting gameplay, so can be very addicting.
Important Call Break Card Game Rules
These are the main callbreak rules that you should remember.
- Spade is the trump suit of the game.
- A spade card will defeat any card of other suits– no matter the rank. For example, 2 of Spade has more power than Ace of any other suit.
- The game is played in 5 rounds. The players take turns to deal the card. Usually, each player picks a random card from the deck to decide the first dealer. The one who gets the lowest card should shuffle and deal the first round in clockwise direction.
- The player sitting left to the dealer should make the first call. However, in some parts of Nepal, the game is played counter clockwise direction. So, the player right to the dealer starts the game.
- The dealer makes the last call.
- A set is completed when each player throws one card each. The player with highest card wins the set. The winning player collects the cards in each set. The total number of cards is counted at the end of the round to determine the points. Usually, the game is won after 5 rounds. Players can also decide the number of rounds with mutual understanding.
- When a player throws a card, the other player must throw a higher card of the same suit. If they don’t have a higher value card of the same suit, they are free to throw any card of the same suit.
- When a player doesn’t have any card of the suit being played, he must throw a spade card. If he doesn’t have any spade card, he can then throw any card of his choice.
- A round should be re-dealt in the following cases: a) If one of the players doesn’t get any spade suit (trump) card. b) If one of the players doesn’t get any face card (J, Q, K, A) of any suit. c) The sum of the individual calls (bet) is less than 8.
Why Is The Game Called Call Break?
Call break is a game of collecting the highest amount of points in the defined number of rounds.
Since players receive negative points if they fail to reach their called bet, trying to break opponents’ Call is one of the winning strategies of this game.
If someone gets negative points, it’s very hard to recover. So, in a game, other players often use tricks to break the call of the leading player.
The game is called Call Break because of this strategy. The negative marking feature of the game appeals even to experienced players.
How To Play Call Break Card Game– Game Play, Game Economics, and Objectives
Call break is a 52-cards game. It is played among four players. Each player gets 13 cards each, in each round. It is a turn-based game. In Nepal and some parts of India, the game is played in an anti-clockwise direction. However, these days, the game is also played in the clockwise direction similar to other card games. It is also called call bridge in some part of India.Our call break app uses a clockwise turn.
The game starts when a dealer distributes the cards turn-by-turn to every player. The player with highest points wins the game.
TRUMP CARD: Spade suit is the trump card in every call break game.
Total Time Needed :
Did you find the game interesting? Trust me, it can be a lot of fun, and a great time-pass. And, hope you learned how to play call break card game now!
You can play callbreak with your kids, friends, or at a family gathering. The card game is best for festivals. Most of the households of Nepal play call break on Dashain.
If you want to learn more about the game, you can try our online call break and play solo (single player mode).
You can also download our mobile app to play the call break multiplayer version and enjoy it with your friends and relatives.
Our android app has the smartest bot and a great UI. You will get addicted! If you didn’t understand any of the callbreak rules above, let us know in the comments below.